Monday, March 3, 2008

Second Life

I don't get it!! Why 'create' a second life when your own life is difficult enough at times! It's a bit scary to think that some people are 'obsessed' with their Second Life. I suppose that if you can't get what you want in your own life, in Second Life' you can. (ie a house, husband/wife, kids etc). I was a bit surprised that you have to pay for everything too [just like real life]. Why bother??

I think that there are ways that the library could use 'Second Life' but it would take a computer geek to do it! Maybe a map of the bookshelves with virtual students looking for the dewey numbers on the shelves & a look of surprise when they find what they are looking for!

1 comment:

Vic said...

This is quite an awesome concept! Sounds very interesting. I wouldn't mind a second life where everything was free. I guess that's what eternity is for?